Greetings lovelies. On Saturday I went to Shakira's birthday in the afternoon. I had work beforehand so I had to rush quickly. D and A arrived at me house to car pool to the party.
The birthday girl with her cake. She made it herself too *claps*.
We ate food (of course), played Buzz and sang with Sing Star. It was pretty casual but the house was packed!
Note Don's photobomb.
Over half of the people were hiding on the other side of the photo. Yes A is giving herself bunny ears.
Later in the evening A and I made our way to Emily's birthday party!
Emily decorated her garage and turned it into a mini theater.
It took longer for the boys to get to her house, but once they were, pizzas arrived and we sat around watching The House At The End Of The Street. It didn't last very long because we paused the movie half way and started shouting over each other with stories and hysterical laughter. I swear the things we said weren't even that funny but being together made everything funnier.
"And then- HE PUTS THE PENCIL DOWN"
"HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA WOW COMEDIC GENIUS HAHAHAHHAHA STOP MY CRIBS HURT OMG STAHP HAHAHAHHAHHAHAAH *CHOKES*"
I had fun, some of the things we laughed at surely earned us a ticket to hell but I'm sure it was worth it. #SwagYa.
The next day I took my girls out and shouted lunch! Because I'm not loaded with cash I didn't invite too many people but I sure wish I could have. We meet up with the boys at 12 and bought tickets to Fast and Furious 6 for the 2pm screening, we wanted to be safe since the movie is relatively new.
Then we part way and my girls and I went to The Coffee Club.
If you're anything like me then I recommend to you the Pine Lime. It's diary free. I love lime and I hate milk, so their frappuccino was perfection.
It's been a long while since I last had egg benedict.
The place is a bit pricey but the portion sizes are to match so I don't feel cheated.
Shakira teaching D the correct way to eat English food WITH a fork and knife because apparently D and A find it completely foreign. I don't remember ever being taught but I've never had difficulties eating Caucasian food with a knife and fork, but knowing me nothing can stand in the way of food and me.
We sneaked in some shopping after lunch before making our way to the movies to catch up with the boys. By then D's and A's boyfriends arrived as well.
I saw my cousins inside the movies. One of them so happened to be holding my birthday present. A remarked "hey he looks like your cousin", yes A, because he is.
I am so glad we bought our tickets early because when we got in the cinema was packed, row after row. Ash and Justin had me smuggle food in my bag for them, sigh, I am that friend.
The movie was insanely good! I don't even feel bad for spending $15.50 on tickets anymore.
It was predictable at most points, SS and I kept telling each other our predictions and one by one it'll be performed on screen. But let's be honest, everyone only goes for the fast cars and hot girls so I wasn't disappointed.
I think this one had the most quotable funny scenes out of all of the 6.
"You need a big rock, or you have to be big somewhere else, you know what I'm sayin?"
"Is that why all your girls wear so much bling?"
"Mia you should hide the baby oil"
"You should hide that big ass forehead of yours."
"You're forgetting something, he's a man"
"What's that mean?"
"I donno, she says it a lot"
"I don't like the way she said it, there was disrespect in her tone, "hez sa mann""
The quotes aren't correct word for word but you get the idea. The movie is still too new to have many quotes up online yet.
After the movies we went shopping, again, before dad picked us up.
My day wasn't done yet though. Dinner was next in my planner. My family went to a Chinese restuarant that is small and not that flash, however I guarantee you you will never ever get seating there if you don't make a reservation. Their food will explain to you why.
Shark fin soup.
Before I go I made something to show you guys:
It's crazy to look back and see how everything was so different.
That's all from me for today, hope everyone is having a lovely long weekend (NZ and AU, everyone else-I hope your regular length weekend was great too)! x
















Seems like you guys had a great time, I would have totally taken the Pine Lime :3
ReplyDeleteYou might have changed through the years but one thing's for sure, you've always been super gorgeous <3
xx