Let's see what the buzz is all about.
After hearing almost every youtuber on earth rave about this product I got my hands on a bottle myself.
I bought mine from Mecca Cosmetica in New Market. I'm currently not aware of any where else you would be able to purchase Nars in New Zealand. I got my skin matched to Punjab (medium 1) which is surprising because comparing it to my Fit Me foundation, it's slightly lighter. My Fit Me is in 225 (in summer I use 235). I'm just going with what the make up artist said because hey she's the pro here.
I regret paying extra for the pump because it just feels weird that it doesn't have a cover of any sort? But I know some people prefer a pump over pouring it straight out of the bottle (it's more hygeinic too). I feel like it's a waste of the original cap as well...just me? Well we can all agree the cap looks more aesthetically appealing.
One pump, I'd say this is a good amount for a full face coverage, maybe a little extra.
*my eyes a little pink in these photos because I got shampoo in them*
**also please appreciate that I blew dry my hair for this blog post and I almost never use heat to dry my hair and usually just wait 2+ hours for it to air-dry**
**also please appreciate that I blew dry my hair for this blog post and I almost never use heat to dry my hair and usually just wait 2+ hours for it to air-dry**
My skin without foundation, primer or concealer. I have dark undereyes and some patchy skin here and there. I have these really pink patches on my cheeks that extend to the center of my face, kinda like what Anthony from Smosh has. To top it off, I have a few light scarring spots (wish they would be freckles instead because how cute are Asians with freckles???).
Here's me with the foundation on.
It definitely brightens and even out my skin tone.
A little pastey for my liking but I can fix that with a little contouring and blush.
Close up for examination.
Now time for the verdict, keep in mind my opinions are based on my results.
Pro's:
-Light coverage (can build)
-Evens out skin tone
-Matches my skin almost to a T
-Don't feel like it fades throughout the day
-No fragance
-A little goes a long way
Con's:
-Too dry for my skin type
The foundation has a lot of pro's but the one con is a big one for me. The only foundation that I've ever stuck to is the Maybelline Fit Me because it's a little oily, which I really like because my skin is just so crusty. I did use the Shiseidos foundation from the Sun Protection range, which is gives me almost the exact same results as this Nars Sheer Glow one, but the formula might have been a little runnier if my memory serves right. At the end of the day my Fit me suits my skin type better, and is a heck of a lot cheaper. I like Sheer Glow, I'd definitely use it (damn right I better use it, because it definitely used up my money) but I would not repurchase it considering the price and my preference for something more dewy. For now, to combat the dryness I've been using a face mist by the Dermalogica range!
To conclude DON'T buy this foundation if you have dry skin and usually prefer foundations that give you a little shine.
DO buy this foundation if you have normal skin because it really is a win-win situation for you. I read a review that described the foundation to have a velvet matt finish, and if that sounds heavenly to your normal/oily skinned ears, then this foundation is probably the one for you. However the shades are limited...so hopefully they have your colour! I can't vouch for oily skin but I should think it would work, obviously still take your normal precautions of powder and other methods of mattifying your face.
(why do I only ever show my right side of my face? because my left game too weak.)
(why do I only ever show my right side of my face? because my left game too weak.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I try to reply to all comments! ♥