Friday, November 30, 2012

NCEA level 1: done and dusted.

Cardigan - Thrift $3 | The Fellowship of The Ring - Airport $20

Yesterday was my last day of school for this year. I didn't feel any different to be completely truthful. I was relieved exams are over but that was as emotional I got. It just felt like any other day.

SS and I went to grabbed lunch after our business exams and then he walked me half way to my house in the rain before turning back for his bus stop. Along the way our former teacher from our old school honked at us! It was a bit nostalgic because it made me think of the times he would tease SS and I but secretly rooted for us to stay together, "you hold on to that boy tight Seryna".

Mum has left for Cambodia today. Everyday leading up to now, her list of things to buy was growing. Whenever I mention something I like she'd say she'll try and find it while she's there and buy it for me. Unless she owns a Mary Poppins' bag, no way can she lug about a dozen dresses, a cork board, fairy net, fairy lights and a new school bag for me along with her other items. It's sweet of her to say so though, I love my mum.
Since she was leaving, my brothers and I dragged mattresses into our parents' room last night to have a huge sleepover. I know we're about the only family who does this but that's okay. We stayed up watching some dystopian themed movie and talked  for a while. I kept asking my parents if they remembered scenes from our childhood to which they would then end up laughing at the stupidity known as past-Seryna.
"Do you remember when I was younger and every time you took me to get a shot I wouldn't get out of the car and you would have to drag me out while I grabbed onto whatever I could?"
"Do you remember that time I tied my bike with Johnny's and the neighbour's than rode down a hill? It was too fast and we crashed into each other"
"Do you remember that time I was playing restaurant with baby Johnny and while he was drinking his 'tea' he peed all over my toys?"
"Do you remember that time I nearly drowned because I thought I could swim without my floaties?"
"Do you remember that time I got my head stuck in between the bars on our roof top balcony?"

I shall be off now to go and catch up my fix of series (SS gave me more New Girl and Vampire Diaries episodes, woohoo!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs