Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What my life could have been

 Call me crazy but I have already bought my exercise books for next year. I wasn't taking physics originally and so now I need to get a forth book but these are the three I have so far.

 I was inspired after seeing a post on tumblr where words were made into waves and so I decided to try and draw some waves myself for the first time. The mermaid's pose is of course was taken from my memory of Ariel. The words falling down are lyrics from Saltwater room by owl city. Originally I wanted to do lyrics from Frank Ocean, get it? But that seemed to cheesy.

 I hardly ever draw without a reference because I thrive of inspiration. I saw an illustration of a girl in this pose, I changed the hair and dress, took out the face and added roses, and viola, it's Lana Del Rey incorporation. The lyrics of the Queen herself.

 Feeding my dream catcher craze, this was born. I saw a drawing of a dream catcher and was going to use it as reference but the picture was too small for me to see details (picture was on polyvore so if you use that, you'll know what I mean) and so I took my own take on it. It's not very detailed but it'll do. Lyrics are from We'll be a dream by We The Kings. Never realised how short the song is until I couldn't even finish the whole page with the lyrics, I had to end up repeating the lyrics from the beginning again.

 These were the books originally.

 I scratched these of the plastic covers with a ruler.

Side shot, because they're the best shots.

I'm reading For Keeps by Natasha Friend at the moment. Is it just me or do authors like making the protagonist as an only child to a single mother who's husband/boyfriend bailed from the beginning and so the daughter has daddy issues and somewhere in the book the protagonist herself says or get told that her love interest is nothing like her dad? That's a lengthy description but you'd be surprise how many books fit that. It's like people with two parents aren't interesting enough, well...which is true if you take me for example:

I'm 16 living in a house with my parents and two gaming zombies as younger brothers. Every morning I wake up to arguing in the kitchen about something to do with food, which will play as background music as I wash the sleeping dust of my face and get dressed. I will go downstairs to eat breakfast and pack lunch, then dad drives me to school that is 5 minutes away, my parents are sensitive about "letting our poor children walk in the -insert weather-". I go to school, hang with my boyfriend while we study and tease each other, but mostly tease each other. We stress about school then we'd share lunch and sit with our friends. Another day done and I'd walk home and take shower to wash of the grime off from the day. Dinner is served, we eat as a family and talk over each other. A lecture here and there while we watch tv and I'm back in bed ready to hit the repeat button.
~

Yeah, it's just isn't as exciting huh? See if I was an only child to a single mother things would be different:

I'm 16 living is a house with just my mum. I never knew my loser dad because after knocking my mum up in highschool, he dropped of the face of the earth. People always tell me my mum looks like my sister, which is quite annoying. Mum is truly my best friends, her motherly lectures kick in sometimes but most of the time I can talk to her about cute boys and what Miley Cyrus is wearing. Every morning we'd eat a breakfast of a 10 layer cake with meatballs in the center together because it's our tradition. Then I'd mount my unicorn to school. Mum works at McDonald's or something where she gets hit on by so many guys since she's so gorgeous. There's my best friend, Rory, she's totally crazy and I love her. She's the fashionable one, one day she'd show up to school in a neon green space suit and the next a rainbow coloured bikini, I wish I was brave like her. My love interest is this guy named Brad KitsumolollisprarkleMacHandsome, isn't his name just so exotic? He always make eye contact with me every time we pass each other, I'm so confused and have no idea how he feels. Rory is always saying how I should just say hi but I prefer to admire from a distant. Today was just like any other day but at lunch time Brad burst into the cafeteria and broke into a musical confessing his love for me. It was awesome.
The lyrics were "Kelly you're are the prettiest girl ever, I wish to be together. My love for you will only grow as the days go on, it's my heart that you have won. Would you please be my girl? I promise to give you the world. If you say yes then I have all the luck, so tell me girl, are you dtf?". He's a born poet I swear. I said yes and he promised to buy me pizza. I went home and had to tell mum everything so I text her the full story while I was in my room and she was in her's. She replied back with, "csb", my mum is hilarious. Everything in my life seemed to be going perfectly until a wizard appeared in my room and told me something that changed my life, "Kelly Gots Sim Buttes-"
"OH MY GOD YOU CREEPY CREEPO DON'T SAY MY FULL NAME."
"Okay, Ms. Buttes, there is something really important you need to know about yourself", and then suspense music blared out of the stereo his was carrying.
"You are part rhino and it is your mission to harness your abilities to be a rhino whisperer and start your own hit tv show about it, p.s I'm your dad and to harness your power you must go on a series of tasks to find me and then I'll teach you the ways of the rhino warlocks", and just like that, he twerked out of my room.
I was completely freacked out but this is my calling in life so I packed my bags and made my way to find my twerking rhino warlock dad to learn how to whisper to rhinos and start a new tv show that will be more successful then the Kardashians.
~

Essentially, my life could have been this exciting.

3 comments:

  1. This is cute and creative :) I wanna try this <33 congrats for the cute drawns <33
    xoxo

    http://isabelaasuka.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that, is what you call a good story. Haha if only life was so :') ... X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the best time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I may just I desire to counsel you some interesting issues or advice. Maybe you could write next articles relating to this article. I want to read even more things about it!
    Feel free to visit my homepage : Free Annual Credit Report

    ReplyDelete

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs