Monday, November 26, 2012

New oppotunities

Last night I had a bleeding nose. This is very rare for me. In fact this is only the second time I've had a bleeding nose. The first time was from smashing my nose into a metal pole, if my nose didn't bleed that time, it's probably not a nose. I'm usually afraid of blood because my theory is "if is shouldn't come out then, it shouldn't come out". Surprisingly I wasn't freaked out last night, either I lost my phobia of blood or the shock of "omg I can pretend I'm in an Asian drama" made me distracted. It probably wasn't as graceful as an Asian drama though since it wasn't a slow trickle, it was a sneeze.

I was really sick today but I had a physics exam and so what can I do, I went to school. I find physics is very enjoyable and my science teacher has talked me into picking it for next year. Originally I was going to drop science completely next year because where I want to go in life doesn't require science. But I've decided, I have nothing to loose in applying for a 6th subject (except for pulling my hair out during exams). Who knows, I might change my career path in the future from aspiring advertising designer to aspiring physics engineer #wellthatescalatedquickly. My subjects for next year now are English, media studies, calculus, art design, business and physics.

The physics exam was okay today. I guessed about two of the questions but comparing to others, our guesses are the same and so I feel better. I only have business exams left and then I am free from brain jail!

I made a rainbow jar cake as a present for SS, a very early Christmas present actually. It was my first time so I'm just glad I got it right, sort of. I screwed up most of them. I knew I would have to make a few before getting a good one so I ended up baking four. One, the colour was very dull along the outside facing the jar (but very bright on the inside, because that helps). One didn't rise up high enough and the layering was a bit messy. One I put the cream on too early so it sunk into the cake (pity because the colours and layers came out nicely). But lucky I got one perfect one out of it. I gave the test runs to my brothers and cousin and gave SS's one to him today.

I used the ready made cake mix to make my life easier. If  you want the recipe there's heaps of them online. I didn't really follow instructions because it really wasn't relevant to this cake mix, and the cake mix's instruction wasn't relevant to baking cake in a jar so I had to keep checking up on them in case they over cooked. All you need to know is, when baking these jars, they have to be place in a tray with water at the base (about an inch), the rest is common sense if you know how to bake a cake.


 My brother can be so cute, sometimes. "Some books make me want to read until like...6:59 so then I can sleep and wake up at 7:00!".

I got a new contact book. It's so lovely and small and adorable and perfect. Let's hope I keep this one for a long time.

Bah-bye lovelies x.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I got to try some 8(>.<)8 your nose bleeding theory had me laugh XD hope you feel better now too ^ ^

    ReplyDelete

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs