Friday, December 14, 2012

DIY lamp

 I have for long out grown Hello Kitty. Sure I still think she's cute (no homo, oh I'm joking) but I'm just not a kid anymore nor am I a hardcore fan of the kawaii style. I've wanted to buy a new lamp for years now but I guess this lamp wasn't broken or anything and so I continued using it (with HK facing the wall). Since Shakira was over at my house and she was revamping her own lamp, I thought why not I do the same to mine.

 Anh gave me an old dress of her's and I had tried making it into a skirt and failed, so I used the material scraps for a better purpose.

 This isn't a tutorial, just sharing ideas so these pictures aren't very instructive. I used a hot glue gun, which I consider my lover, Shakira too shared my love for it. I ran small lines of glue at the time and scrunching the fabric as I went.

 Second layer.

 After the third layer I used an old rose headband and masked the messy top.

 Vee-ol-lah.

1 comment:

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs