Friday, January 4, 2013

Daily dose of inspriation

Lemony Snicket’s short letters for his dead ex-fiancee written in his books “A Series of Unfortunate Events”.


~~~
"Tolkien met his wife, Edith Mary Bratt, after moving into the boarding house where she was also staying. He was just sixteen years old, and she was three years his senior. They fell in love over the summer, but Tolkien’s guardian, Father Francis Morgan, disapproved greatly, since Edith was Protestant and Tolkien was a Catholic. He forbid Tolkien to talk, meet, or even correspond with her until he was twenty-one years of age (he even threatened to cut Tolkien’s university career short). So, on the evening of his twenty-first birthday, Tolkien wrote a letter to Edith declaring his love and asking for her hand in marriage. Edith wrote back saying she was engaged to another man, but only because she thought Tolkien had forgotten her. They met under a railway bridge and were reunited. Shortly after, she cut off her engagement and announced she was going to marry Tolkien instead. She even converted to Catholicism. Edith and Tolkien were formally  engaged in 1913, and married in 1916, after Tolkien returned from fighting in World War I. They remained together until Edith’s death in 1971. Tolkien passed away in 1973."
I love it when authors have amazing stories in real life too, it makes them seem that much more untouchable and brilliant. 

~~~

“Everything is nothing, with a twist.” - Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter-house Five.


~~~


"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times but somehow I want more. I don't mind spending everyday out on your corner in the pouring rain. Look for the girl with the broken smile. Ask her if she wants to stay awhile." 
-Maroon 5

~~~


Source: https://twitter.com/hige55benkei.

~~~


"ashton kutcher cheated on his wife of seven years and continued to be the star of a sitcom and had virtually no repercussions towards his career whatsoeversean penn abused his wife and went on to win an academy award and a golden globe (he also said people who called hugo chávez a dictator should be arrested but idek what he was on when he said that so)charlie sheen hired numerous prostitutes, shot his fiancee, verbally threatened his second wife, and in the same year that his children were taken away from him announced that he was going on a nationwide tour which sold out within 18 minutes. kristen stewart cheated on her boyfriend and was ridiculed for six straight months and labelled a slut/whore/bitch/home wrecker by the general public even after releasing a statement and apologizing for her actions and was forced to drop out of multiple projects."

-kstewart

I find the above interesting. I don't think what Kristen did should be waved off like Ashton and Charlie. I think what Ashton and Charlie did should have the same reactions as Kristen. Double standard between men and women still exist and to me it's very hard to understand. I don't see why we can't be treat everyone as equals, after all they're all shitty humans.

~~~



Source: Mentalhealthresource. This makes growing old not as frightening.

~~~

"We're standing on a tiny ledge, before this goes over the edge. Gonna use my heart and not my head, and try to open up your eyes. This is relationship suicide cos if you go, I go."
-The Script


~~~

Source: Tomhiddles. I love Emma Watson so much.

~~~

"Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger, but they will never be you."
-Kayne West ( source: livingthroughaquote)

~~~


Source: kushandwizdom

~~~


Hope for everything. Expect nothing.

Take care of things close to home first. Straighten up your room before you save the world. Then save the world. Be nice to people before they have a chance to behave badly.
-Excerpts from “How to be Perfect” by Ron Padgett



This is a much more poetic version what what I was taught growing up; "swipe your own ass before you help others".

~~~


Source: naniithran

~~~


Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall.
- Confucius (source: livingthroughaquote)


~~~


Source: reginaa-phalange



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! :D I really like the one "Everything is nothing, with a twist" :D

    http://nadine-felice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is inevitable, man consider themselves above us woman, that's why there are so many cases of violence and rapes that of surprise surprise don't concern horny woman but beastly "men".

    I love Emma Watson too, she's incredibly down to earth <3

    Giulia @ http://kittyqua.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nadine, You're welcome :D and gla you liked it x

    @Giulia, hi5 my fellowemma worshipper. I actually think it's avoidable, but I guess people are all bought up with different morals and there's no way and no rights of forcing parents on how to bring up their kids. but if a boy was bought up in my house whole, there is no way he would turn out to degrading women because my mum has such a strong role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I nominated you for the liebster award :)

    http://theundercovergiraffe.blogspot.hk/

    (I REALLY love the photo of the cat btw! So cute!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs