Here to share some recent DIY alterations I've done.
This formerly used to be a dress, a dress that was altered as well. If you're an older reader you may have seen me post a picture of the first state it was in when I had just bought it from a charity store. It was huge and extremely long until I shortened the dress. Now since I hardly wear the dress I turned it into a skirt seeing since I wear skirts the most.
I wasn't sure which shorts I should put the lace on. There was one that was the perfect colour but it had crinkled prints on them. Another was plain but the colour was too dark. Instead I settled for these one even thought they have a subtle acid wash print to them.
I've had this skirt since year 7! So of course it's getting a little too short for me so I added another longer layer underneath. It's a cute style now where before it could pass of into the boho style.
I also picked up some things from a charity shop. I got three books for 20 cents each. They are Marley and me, Princess Anne and Poems of spirit and action. The mug was 50 cents and the fabric was from a neighbouring store.
Marie Antoinette was the first resident in my garden after loosing her arm along with her head. Marty was next and Smile man, Slender man's brother, came shortly after.
I love the colours of these flowers. Mum is convinced my front lawn is better looking than our neighbours' now.
It has been a while since my webcam was used.
Hopeful if the weather is nice and my hair doesn't play up, I will do an outfit post tomorrow.


Love the thrifted finds. I wish Perth had better charity shops, or better yet Goodwill. What you picked up was lovely, and creatively customised.
ReplyDeleteStay well :) x
Ooh, really love the alterations to all your pieces!
ReplyDeleteI was actually wanting to check in to a charity store, or thrift shop for some pieces!
They actually have really nice pieces, at good prices, so yeah! ^^
you're really good at altering!
ReplyDeletehttp://nadine-felice.blogspot.com/