Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Poly Festival 2013

 Like the title suggests, I attended the Poly Fest this year with my Indian dance group. I can tick this of my things I've done before I'm old and withered with wrinkles. I'm staying with this group for another term and entering the Highschool Rockers competition. I'm looking forward to Rockers more as we'll be doing Bollywood instead of tradition dancing like we did for Poly Fest. It was fun, I just think Bollywood would be even more fun.

I had a blast with these girls and can't wait for another term of after school practices.

Next year I will most probably join the Fusion dance group (mixed culture), just to get a taste of something new.

Speaking of Fusion. This year the Indian dance group noticeably have less dancers as the old students and new students flocked over to join Fusion. We have one boy dancer this year where last year they had about a dozen (give or take). I ended up being the only Asian in the group, which I'm quite used to by now. I was also the only Asian in my hockey team last year. Rose is in the hockey team this year so I won't be the only one anymore.

Fusion did really well this year and I have a feeling they will be winning the Diversity stage.

 Lasharn, Svetlana and myself with Shavani.

I helped a few people do their hair and I did Diksha's make-up.

 Lauren, Sammy, Diksha, Pravita and the girls buying a quick drink before going back stage.

 Sunnie, Pravita, Diksha, Archal, Michelle, Pravita (again), Gagan and Diksha (again).


Lasharn, Svetlana and myself.  Showing off some eye make-up.

 Group huddle before going to perform.


 After I got changed and on the bus again.

Making the most of the fact that I have about 5kg worth of make-up on my eyelids.

Here's the video of the performance:

I'm the dark blue skirt coming in from the right.
This video will suffice for now. If the video crew upload our video onto their website I shall share it here.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh how cool! this sounds so fun and I think its cool that youre the only asian in your dance group! you are the unique one! So happy to have stumbled across your blog. It is delightful...and because of its delighful-ness I am your newest follower! hope you will stop by mine sometime & follow!

    xo, Kelsey Belle

    www.happiereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs