Saturday, August 17, 2013

International day: during and after school

 This week was international day! It's an annual event at my school where we hold activities and celebrate all the different cultures. We're encouraged to participate by wearing culture costumes. This year we even held a festival after school for parents to join in the fun.

I skipped dinner and binged out while I was at the festival and that was probably the best idea I had all night because I bought everything.

My Bollywood dance group performed our last dance (or second to last if we're expected to dance again for Osca night). We did a tribute to the islands and called our dance the Island Punch. Yes, a Bollywood group. We're all about diversity here at OSC.

One of the activities was henna design! I rushed out of English class and made sure I beat the long line to get my hand done.

 Abbie and I matching even though we're wearing two completely different cultural costumes.

 Noshie and I in the dance room ready to practice for the evening to come.

 The whole group! (Minus Sammie because she wouldn't take a picture).

 I took this selfie before going to school that day.

 I got ready for the night festival and while waiting for Svetlana to come over I took pictures to pass the time, you know, as girls do.





Here's a short clip of our dance, just the intro because instagram isn't long. I wouldn't want to upload the full video anyways with Bri commentating everything (shout out to her if she's reading this).


There's more pictures but the owners are at my school's ball right now so I suspect I wouldn't get them until the next couple of days. I guess this post will just have to do with what little I've got.
______________________
   •  •  •  •  • 
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ 

6 comments:

  1. How do you manage to look flawless everywhere?!
    Also, henna is one of my favourite things at cultural festivals. Great to know you had a blast; sassy dancing as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have International Day at my school too! Hands down my FAVOURITE event. We have a culture show, LOTS OF FOOD, a parade and it's so much fun (:

    Yuen from The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful pictures!
    i love the henne motif on your hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those selfies *-* hahaha I wish I looked THAT good every time I took pictures of myself. I especially like the flower in your hair :)

    I loved the costumes!

    Lucy Hart <3
    http://beautywithlucy.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg it must have been so cool!! I loved the henna tattoo on your hand too *-*

    ReplyDelete

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs