Monday, August 19, 2013

Thrift store haul

My mother and I yet again spent another Saturday after work scavenging a thrift store (and later shopping at Westfield).

I've drifted away from doing hauls this year but thrifting? I just love sharing my finds. I feel like I'm show casing my hunt, like a fisherman and his prize catch.

Now; time to reveal my fish.

This is the most gorgeous piece of thrifted fabric. Definitely one of my favourite thrifted item to date.

I'm not sure if you remember but this was the shirt I mentioned in my last thrift haul. The one I said had an ugly satin belt across the stomach. I decided to buy it...how much it cost, I thought I might as well and see how it turns our if I transformed it into a skirt. This is the result. It's quite messy but I love the details too much. 

 This was originally from Glassons and the tag says size 14. It was so cheap and it's a baggy fit on me so I had to get it.

 Found this in the reject 50 cent bin. At the moment I like it but I can't say I'll be wearing it much in the future...

Mum really didn't want me to buy this. She says it's very old, in both sense of being physically old and that the style is old. However me and my baggy knits can not be separated. I had to initiate a swap, taking out another item mum didn't like for this (which was surprised surprised a chiffon singlet with tribal beading from Just Jeans).

All of these items are in the wash right now, along with my yesstyle acid wash denim jacket that just arrived! (Note to self, all acid washed clothing will smell like blench.)

I came back from a hockey game today to two good news! Three if we're counting my team's stop at Carl's Jr to fuel up after our game. The next is the full release of Heart by heart! Ananya left me a message on fb and I am in love. You can check it out {here}. The last news isn't definite so I wouldn't want to jinx it. Just now I am extremely over the moon!

Until next time, take care everyone.
______________________
   •  •  •  •  • 
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ 

4 comments:

  1. Love the skirt in the second photo! :) Looks like you got yourself some good deals
    Meg xx

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, if I knew any thrift stores, I'd literally camp and live there!!
    Love the items, especially the knitty sweater and the baggy shirt :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go thrift-shopping as well, so jealous! great stuff! ♥

    huugs ✌
    alina

    SPIRIT OF A DAYDREAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish ours had a rejected bin. I love your finds
    Www.hellonichin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs