Friday, October 11, 2013

Viva La Vida

Hello my dear readers!

Yesterday I went to the city with my mum for a photo shoot appointment I had (first time in my life I've ever said that!). I'll make another post more on that in the future, all I'm saying now is you should definitely buy the NZ Herald next weekend and a familiar face might be hiding in Viva magazine.

Speaking of the Herald, I feel like I'm the only one who reads the dam thing. I honestly have never had a conversation about the Herald with any of my friends. I have a few friends who talks about National Geo with me but I'm talking rare. On the topic books, it's a little better, I have a handful of friends but not nearly enough as I'd wish. It's hard finding someone who reads, let alone like the same books as me. 

Here's two shots from behind the scene of the day.

After the shoot mum and I hit the city for a little shopping.




 This was the outfit I wore. Mum took these pictures for me and I actually love these shot so much! My mum should take pictures for my blog more often eh?

Caged back crop singlet - Tobi
Skirt - DIY (fabric is from Spotlight)
Cardigan - Swapped with a friend
Boots - Hannahs (Manukau)
Bag - Strandbags (New Market)
Hype this look {here}

More on the skirt - It's my first ever diy for a circle skirt!

I watched two videos on youtube by Secretlifeofabionerd and 2qhan (my newest DIY channel obsession). However in the end I made my own pattern because their method seemed very long. Mine was a lot like theirs but a short cut was made because I'm lazy. Professionals may cringe but I got there in the end so that's all that matters right? It's a little wonky but nothing noticeable so I'm very proud of it.

When I went to the photoshoot, clothing was provided (first time I've been offered to wear designer clothing *drools*) but they insisted I wore my own skirt because they loved it! That was a huge compliment because after all, this is the first skirt I've every sewn from scratch.


If you're wondering, this skirt does not have an elastic waist band but rather a zip at the back. I sewed an invisible zip to the best of my abilities with my given resources (my zip was not meant to be invisible and my sewing machine does not have a zipper teeth) so you can't clearly see the zip in the picture above. However if you pay attention, a little olive line can be seen and that my friend is the zipper.

That's all for today folks ♥
______________________

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

9 comments:

  1. I love your outfit and of course you look gorgeous, as always :)! I've been looking for a cardigan like that for ages. And oh I wish I had the ability to sew as well as you do, unfortunately I can't sew for life. Oh and just a question how did you get the opportunity to do a photoshoot, as that is something I would love to do.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! ♥ Yeah I can't find this cardi anywhere either D: Lucky I got it off my friend :D

      And I'm not sure how I landed the opportunity. A girl named Anna who is working with Viva emailed me asking if I was interested and of course I said yes - the girl in the picture with me travelled all the way from Waikato for the shoot!

      Delete
  2. Oh and I do read the herald when dad buys it (which is hardly ever) but I read our local newspaper if that counts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would become a model ;') <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos and I love your comfy cardigan - I want one just like that.

    xx

    andysparkles
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so inspiring to see you finally gain recognition. You deserve it so much. (#proud) This is the first of many milestones of your newfound fame Seryna ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely model potential! Won't be surprised if I see you on covers or the runway in the near future ;) hehehe
    Love your skirt! I've been wanting to DIY my own clothes... tutorial pretty please? (:
    xx

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - a 'lil bit of rust & stardust

    ReplyDelete

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs