If you follow me on instagram then you would know that I bought tickets to Rapture! The day finally arrived yesterday and let me tell you, it was the best experience. I've never been to a concert, let alone a music festival. I should think a concert is more orderly since there are allocated seating. I expected the music festivals to be very crowded, violent and rude. Only one of those things was true and that was the fact that the place was jam packed.
I couldn't have asked for the day to go any better.
Acts; 360, DAVID DALLAS, ACTION BRONSON, J.COLE and EMINEM.
Ananya and I had planned to meet up with two of my friends but we were a little late, and that made a huge difference in the process of getting in. My friends ditched us (thanks guys), but luckily I found my other friend Justin! (He's one of Shiv's best friend.) He was with his gang of friends which turned out to be the same guys Ananya was saying we should meet up with. What a small world.
We were enjoying the vibe before but being surrounded by friends was a whole lot better. The group were all so friendly and I'm so glad they didn't make me feel like an outsider even though I was technically one to begin with. It's just more fun when there's people trying to conclude you in things, and to have a group to dance and scream with. It also meant taking selfies was less awkward too.
Two girls taking selfies alone = 4evs lonely
Two girls taking selfies in a group = girls will be girls
Even the strangers were very friendly and strike short conversations here and there. People gave us personal space all throughout the day. The only time it was most crowded was during Eminem's performances and even then you still have room to dance so it wasn't crazy sweat rubbing. The weather was kind to us all day long so I was very pleased with my choice of attires.
When it was just the two of us.
Luckily the opening act was amazing. Ananya and Justin disagrees but it was my first time listening to 360 and he definitely made me dance.
Nails!
After 360 we went to grab some grub. The burgers were fricking $10 each and the tiny bottles of fizz were $5(!!!).
When moving through big crowds, our method of choice as to not lose each other was hand holding. I know, we cute.
We went to buy some merchandises. I ended up wearing my shirt later on in the night but you can't see it clearly in the pictures so I'll share it another time.
You're going to see an overuse of this pose by the end of this post.
Ananya wore one of her shirts straight away.
I look so sinister in the first polaroid. This was around the time when we started to join the group.
Selfie time. I realised all our selfies were on her phone because I surprisingly did not selfie once yesterday (!!!).
J.Cole was so adorable, he seemed genuinely surprised that the crowd knew his lyrics and were shouting it back to him.
Sweg.
"Can we take a polaroid with just the girls?"
*a few of the guys forget their gender and joins in the picture*
The two guys in the back are with us but the girl on the right wasn't. That was pretty much the theme of the night; friendly strangers photobombing us and then asking to see the picture later.
I asked Kanav to take a shot of Ananya and I but idk what he was doing.
"Why are you still wearing your bucket hat? The sun is gone."
"Yeah, but the swag isn't."
"Sweg."
"Sweg."
Justin pls.
Justin stahp.
The crowd went crazy when Eminem came on - what a surprise.
This was one of my favourite part when the crowd held up lighters to the song Lighters.
ARE YOU FEELING IT??? COS I'M FEELING IT.
HE SANG STAN!!! It's one of my all time favourites from him, oh my god, the crowd was so loud during the chorus.
HE CHANGED THE LYRICS WHERE IT SAID "Remember when we met in Denver?" TO "Remember when we met in AUCKLAND". oHhhh MmmY GaWddd.
His accent was the most amazing thing ever. He pronounced "Auckland" as "Owk-land".
I will hate myself forever for not recording that part. Hopefully his experience here surpassed all his expectations so that he will come back again soon.
I just wanna kidnap him and keep him forever (✿◑‿◐).
The ONLY disappointment of the night was the absence of Kendrick. Meerah said she was actually going to sell her tickets after the news. Luckily Lucy forced her to come. I bought the tickets primarily to see Eminem but Kendrick was second priority so I was pretty upset too.
Here's are some videos to leave off with.
Here's someone who did a better job of filming "Lighters" than me.
I didn't get to film his newer songs because I gave up on filming and decided to just enjoy the music.
I went to Eminem's first NZ tour. It's hard to let that sink in still. 15/02/2014





























_2.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I try to reply to all comments! ♥