Yesterday I went over to Anh's house to celebrate her 17th birthday!
Before we get into the photos from the party I think I should get my outfit shot out of the way first.
Hype my look here: You're wasting your time with me
♥Plain white tee - Glassons
♥Khaki jacket - Valleygirl
♥Studded leather skirt - Valleygirl
♥Love belt - Valleygirl
♥Heels - The Warehouse
♥Mockingjay pin - Schoolastic
♥Coke caps - DIY
♥Gaara badge - Cambodia
♥Duke of Ed bronze badge - From the Duke of Ed program (going for my silver this year!)
You can't see but I'm carrying my Nightmare before Christmas bag which I love to death.
Now let's push me aside and talk about the birthday party at hand. I arrived at A's house before anyone else and did her make up! Which I'm hugely proud of. I even squeezed in a little photo shoot with her little sister (again).
Just like any other year a big group of girls got together at her house and we ate pizza, chicken and cake. Let's not forget the amount of lens shutters going off.
I took some shots of the birthday girl before everyone else arrived. (By some, I mean a lot.)
I'm so glad A loved my present! I paid attention through the span of our friendship and always made mental notes when she mentions her want something. I already know what I'm buying D for her birthday and it's not for a good 2 to 3 months away. I enjoy giving gifts because I love receiving gifts and to know I'm offering other's that same feeling makes me happy. I just wish I was ridiculously rich so I can always give gifts, I'd probably buy things and pretend to gift myself too because I'm just that weird. Still waiting for the day they legalise self marriage. Oh speaking of which New Zealand has jumped aboard the band wagon and legalise gay marriage! I feel a little ignorant because I've always thought NZ was a rainbow nation but I guess not until about a week ago. I also heard France joined shortly after, another nation I thought was already a rainbow nation. France is iconic for their romantic ways, I thought they'd be very accepting of love in all form since before the rest of the cave men joined along but apparently New Zealand beat them to it. Sigh, I still have the mind set of a 5 year old and assume every thing in this world is rainbows and butterflies *Earth to Seryna, wake up*.
Of course.
My favourtite picture of us three. 4 years with these bums.
Left to right from the people standing and then the people sitting: Shrestha, Monynna, me, A, D, Diksha, Michelle and Jenny.
A's signature pose.
Aww yiss* Yesterday was the first time I've ever successfully created a fake eye crease. After accidentally achieving so on A I did so for myself. This will be my go-to trick on all make-up wearing occasions from here on out. LOOK AT HER CREASE, DOES IT LOOK NATURAL OR WHAT? It look less natural on me because I have smaller eyes.
Princess lashes! I also accidental stuck her lashes higher than her actual lash line but it turned out better than what I had planned because it enlarged the eyes even more.
When ever I accidentally do something to myself and like the result I never know how to do it a second time but when I'm doing it on someone else I can pin point what I did. Thank you A for being my guinea pig. (Though I don't think I'd stick my lashes above my lash line as my eyes are smaller than hers and I don't think I'd get away with it.)
My left eye in this photo looks very smokey because of the photo effect and shadows. In real life it looks more like my right eye. A and I had almost identical make-up as I was the applier of both. We both wore gold in the inner tear-duct and gradient out to a medium brown and then a dark brown for the crease. Winged liner. Only difference were our lashes, I wore very thin ones that took Shrestha half the night to realise I was wearing falsies and I used princess lashes on A. Another point of difference were our lipstick. For my outfit colour scheme I thought my Revlon paparazzi pink suited me. In my opinion Asian skin tone suit orange shades and since A's outfit was champagne colour I didn't think it played a huge role on her over all tone so I thought my Revlon coral berry suited her more. Oh and our brows were different. I used a darker colour on myself as originally my brows are thick and I used a lighter brown on A.
A lot of the girls from that night have very strange photos of me on their devices. The right was from A's iPad and the left is from Monynna's iPhone. I don't have all the photos but even if I did if I showed you all of them, my readers will probably question my retardation level. The picture on the left, I may or may not be trying to make myself look more Caucasian.
Ta for now my readers. I'll blog again tomorrow (most likely). Love, S xo









































What did you get your friend for her birthday? :)
ReplyDelete@Anon, I got her a jewellery stand which she mentioned she wanted a while back, and these fake knee-high tights that she also mentioned last year (she was even surprised I remembered this one). I also got her another pattern tights and a vintage purple photo frame.
ReplyDelete