The weekend that just past was my birthday! I'm 18 and legal baby. However nothing is going to change haha. I just have the choice to walk into pubs and clubs, even though I probably won't ever get into that scene. I did however buy alcohol for the first time. Not going to be a regular thing but I bought it for my party. Just a small bottle of Vodka to make a tray of jello shots and the rest for anyone who wished to mixed their fizzies.
My last birthday was my 15th so this one was very needed. I wanted to invite more people but my house is too small so kept the guest list under 30. Everyone was super lovely, so everything turned out well. I didn't know what to expect because parties are not my forte.
Jello shots Daisy and I made. She came super early and helped me run errands. Anh came later around 3 to help us cook nuggets, fish finger, and potato pom poms. We set out snacks and drinks before my parents arrived with the pizzas and fried chicken later in the evening.
With Anh whom is also an adult, so this is us, being adults who can vote and have to pay tax and other super serious stuff.
In heels I'm her height...
Actually probably still a little shorter...wtf.
Stop being taller than me.
No.
Back to silly stuff.
The three musketeers.
Both of them are still taller when I'm in heels???
Life can be cruel sometimes.
This reminds me of a story. Once the three of us took some photos together. Anh being the cutie she is always like to set her computer icon as us three so she change it to the newest ones. But because the photo was portrait and full body, when the it was cropped to a square, heads were cut out...EXCEPT FOR MINE. It was so sad. Lyk if yew creyd evry tyme.
With the fam.
So. Many. Asians. (Look at Chippy looking very sad)
Xiao trying to pose and play Mario Kart at the same time. My brothers got a few rounds with the boys as well I heard. They came down from time to time to steal food. My parents hung out up stairs and my gran insisted on locking herself in her room. I had to deliver food to my gran and parents because they didn't want to "get in the way".
The fridge looks better than us?
SINAN DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO WINK SO THIS PHOTO IS SECRETE.
Brett being adorable.
Dat angle.
Time for shots.
Cake time!
It was a cheap mango pudding cake with a weird design that we bought from Countdown. We bought roses to decorate with and sprinkled crushed white chocolate. The decoration probably was worth the same as the cake. Luckily everyone liked it and they were really surprised when we told them how the cake came about. And yes I am turning 9.
No knife, just gonna karate chop my cake (but srsly what was I doing???). I cut the first few slices and went I went to deliver them to my family, Daisy helped take over the cutting (always there to make your life easier, that's Daisy).
Sadly Abbie aren't into of these pictures because she came late and I think we gave up on taking picture on my camera by then. We did squeeze in a few selfies on iphones but they're not with me so oh well.
Some of my polariods. They all turned out so nice! Except the ones I took outdoors which is a shame. Luckily I only took two outdoors, you can see on of them int he far right.
And now some of Anh's:
Three girls slept over, but my two best friends couldn't stay (Asian problems). I still had a blast, and we talked till 3 in the morning! We were all so tired but we had soooo many stories to share. #justgirlythings. We all sat makeup-free, in pj's, and messy hair, without a care. What is it about a black sky that makes us feel like we have nothing to hide?
We woke up late and had a big brunch before retreating to my room to play LoL, and laze around. They finally left around the late afternoon/early evening and I sat around surrounded by my denial and presents for a very long time before accepting that fact that the party was over. Post-gathering depression, we all know that feeling. However at the same time I was very happy to get some alonetime because my introvert batteries were hitting 0%.
My 18th was a blast and the people apart of it were the best. Definitely wouldn't have changed a thing.
Here's a message I sent Felix as a recap on the party. It was hella wild, trust me, we had balloon swords and everything.
Haha. Well now I shall show you guys some of the presents I got! I didn't manage to take a picture of everything, whoops. I hear more are coming my way too so there's no point in trying to show everything so here are just some!
A Clash of Kings from Jloh and Abi. Hand of the King pin from Sunnie!
I was really hoping that someone who didn't know what to get me would take the easy road and buy me flowers and luckily Diksha was that person. Everybody loves flowers.
The Out of This World Lush box was from Em. The care package filled with skincare samples and two bath bombs were from Jenny (she also got me jewellery too).
Xiao got me the Cadbury chocolate box and he said he spent half an hour trying to wrap it because he didn't know how! I felt so bad ripping up his hard work. The jar of lollies were from Abbie and the rest were from Sue.
Chip got me this adorable box of chocolate from Theobroma. They say you should give gifts to people that they wouldn't buy for themselves (and by they I mean I heard it from Big Banf Theory...). It's a great rule of thumb because I would never spend so much money on over priced chocolate (I have bought Theobroma but in very small portions), so receiving this takes away the guilt and I can just drool over the aesthetics of chocolate.
Again, something I wouldn't buy for myself so I can just enjoy these pointless pretty things without guilt! The three fragrances do smell lovely! I wore 'Love Her Madly' first day back at school and it stayed on me for the whole day. Yum. Thank you Ananya and Brett!
My cousin was out of town but that didn't stop him from getting em a gift! He rang me up and told me to make my way to his bedroom and dig to the back of his closet to find a paper bag. Sure enough it was there and I found myself a Herschel bag! I was going to get myself this bag but I went for the navy blue Jack Wills one I'm using for school at the moment because I believe it was cheaper? Either way now I have two lovely bags and I have no idea which to use! I will most probably save this new one for uni next year.
Here are some of the cards that I manage to find at the point of the photograph. I found more afterwards and wasn't bothered to do a retake. Some of my friends gave me money which made me so happy because I'm very broke during the middle of the year because I insist on spoiling myself while my brothers' and friends' birthdays seem to all lurk nearby as well.
As a bonus here are a few photos from Em's birthday party! She turned 18 two days before me and had her party a day before mine.
I've never drank alcohol before and Em's party was my last chance to illegally drink it, so I did.
My ears were glowing red. I spent my time there eating chilli and nuggets. I also played Just Dance and failed hilariously with the other girls (the guys wouldn't play, pffttttt how boring).
Getting ready! Shrestha actually like this photo and you don't know how rare that is. She never likes photos of herself even though she looks like an Indian Goddess every single time.
















































No comments:
Post a Comment
I try to reply to all comments! ♥