Sunday, October 12, 2014

Diary | Public transport nightmare

Never ever relay on public transport. Like ever.

Let's start of by saying how I am amazed how much bad luck the three of Anh, Daisy and I can attract. It seems every time we go out together where it involves any form of travelling far from home something bad happens.

The first time we went to Sylvia Park together we realised we were stranded and there were no bus that connected Sylvia to Botany, which may I say is completely stupid. This incident happened in year 10 or 11 and we're in year 13 now and there has yet to be a bus that connects Botany to Sylvia Park. EXPLAIN TO ME WHY.

Our second mishaps was year 11 Duke of Ed tramp where we read our map wrong and took an extra loop that made us arrive at the camping site at night fall.

Now today We decided to go to the city and visit the art gallery. First off our gps wouldn't work. Then when we got to the gallery there was a show on and therefore entry was not free. We brushed it out and went for lunch and shopping instead. At one point we split with from my brother as he wanted to go to EB Games while we went to Cotton On. I gave him $10 to buy a game card and said come straight to Cotton on afterwards. He walked all the way to Cotton On Body which was one block over and for 20 minutes I thought my brother had been kidnapped for human trafficking. Then we made our way to Portmans which was my main objective of the day because I wanted to buy trousers form there. Surprised surprised the ones I wanted ran out of my size. I asked if we could train to Sylvia Park and check the Portmans there and everyone agreed. After buying our train tickets and walking down to the platform we realised our train had just left, not 5 minutes ago, not 1 minute ago. As we were on the stairs. We had to wait for 20 minutes but we didn't think it was too bad. Somehow we managed to get on the wrong train and had to get off at New Market. When it was time to return home we weren't familiar with the bus schedules and had to check online. We found the bus we needed to take but realised the leaving time was the exact time as we were reading the phone and when we looked up our bus had just left the stop. CAN WE JUST HAVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE. It's the weekend so the next one wasn't due til another hour so we decided to take the bus going to Manukau instead. I called my cousin and asked if he was willing to pick us up from there and he kindly said yes. During the wait for him Daisy needed the restroom so we went into the mall. Anh decided to quickly look for a wallet and found one. Just as she had finished the purchase my cousin rang and said he had arrived. We dashed out of the store but Anh noticed the wallet was ripped in one corner so she quickly ran back to exchange it. With her new wallet we ran out of the mall and spotted my cousin's car. Anh was walking behind a boy and thought it was Sonny and urged him with her hands towards the car saying "go, go, go". Turned out it wasn't him and his family watched in distressed. We apologised quickly and got into the car. We laughed about it but then Anh opened her new wallet and realised the clip was broken. CAN WE HAVE ANOTHER MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE.

Despite everything I still enjoyed myself today, as I always do when checking up with those two ladies. Managing to still laugh in the face of cosmically bad luck isn't the ideal plan but what's the use of crying over spilled milk? There are far worse things in the world than getting lost exploring with your best friends.

 We had lunch at the gorgeous Gloria Jean's near the art gallery.





 There are these domes above the underground train station and at ground level little kids always love to climb on them. I snapped a view from below.

 As much as I hate travelling by bus, this one had a lovely seat print. I would totally buy a swimsuit in this print.


I hope our streak of bad luck has come to an end but with Monday rapidly approaching....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to reply to all comments! ♥

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey Designs