Cloudy with a chance of pizza.
I haven't seen Shiv in over a week due to both our work commitments and schedules, so we took today's opportunity to go on a lunch date.
I love food because it seems all meaningful relationships I have are all somehow shared through the love of food. If I was on a crazy strict diet or naturally had with a small appetite, I think my social life would be zero. My family bond mainly by going out to restaurants as often as we can, I'm talking at least once a week. Dinner time is family time and if you miss it you will definitely receive an interrogation. That's why I get really distressed when I see films using dining scenes to show the drifting of a couple because all my life that setting is the opposite for me. (I know it's the emotional state you literal thinker, but I'm just saying it's like seeing a sad person in Disneyland)
Getting off topic like I tend to do, oh look a puppy.
Back to today. We spent the rest of the afternoon Christmas shopping and getting a birthday present for a good friend of ours. Shiv finally agreed to me dragging him shopping in the girl's department, without persuasion. I guess it's true what they say, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink", because in the past I have never been able to convince him. However I don't actually know how I managed to make the horse drink the water in the end without leading it to the water. Sorry Shiv in this analogy you're a horse and the water is the mall.
I was on the hunt for a new read and invested my heart on The Catcher in The Rye but my search was fruitless. I grabbed Searching For Alaska instead but still couldn't give up just yet so I went to ask at the counter. The lady was kind enough to find the last copy for lucky me and now the book is mine.
After all that we went back to him place to hang with his sister and Justin for a bit. Turns out Sheen bought me a Christmas present! It's a bath set. It's sometime I totally would not get myself because I feel like it's excessive self indulgent, which makes it the perfect present. No guilt attached. I remember in one episode of The Big Bang Theory (yeah you can already tell this is going to be philosophical) Penny said that a good present should be "something they wouldn't buy for themselves". Write that one down for your next present hunt (*buys them a belly button lint remover*).
We've come along way in the 3 years. Shiv is now taking some photos for my blog too. He'll be a pro in no time.
In the last photo I'm laughing because Shiv asked if he could stop taking photos now because it's hard work.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I try to reply to all comments! ♥